Car Accident in West Palm Beach, FL
Car Accident Injury Rehab and Chiropractic Treatment in
West Palm Beach & Palm Beach Gardens
Do you want the best West Palm Beach car accident injury doctor? We have the best accident injury treatment and motorcycle injury care in West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens area. At Hope Health and Wellness Chiropractic we assess and alleviate any injury resulting from car accidents, auto accidents, and even motorcycle accidents. We also provide accident and injury chiropractic to Palm Beach Gardens area. Our treatment approach normally includes chiropractic treatment like adjustments, therapeutic massage therapy as well as physical therapy.
Car accident injuries can extend from minor wounds to more extreme whiplash, lower back pain, neck pain, arm pain, leg pain, headaches, head pain, slipped disc, disc protrusion, pinched nerves, sciatica and other types of radiating pain. Other complications can include incessant migraines, tipsiness, sleeping disorders, numbness, and general discomfort. Fortunately, Hope Health & Wellness can address these different conditions. Chiropractic adjustments for car accident injuries are safe and provide enduring relief from pain. Different assortments of pain killers would just give provisional relief while chiropractic treatment directed by Hope Health provides a more lasting solution.
Our bodies do not have what it takes to withstand the effect of an car accident. The way that our body responds to any accident will fluctuate based upon the seriousness. Car accidents can bring about long term complications to the body in the event that it is not treated, even on the off chance that there are no noticeable indications external problems. While extreme accidents can send you to the local hospital, less server accidents can still cause internal trauma. In this event, it is recommended to set an appointment to your trusted West Palm Beach Chiropractor, Dr. Hope for a check up, and if needed, treatment to keep any further harm from being done.
What to do after a car accident
Safety is the number one priority after an accident:
- Are you and your passengers okay?
- Contact the police and call for an ambulance if necessary.
- Is your car in a safe location? If not, can it safely be moved to a better location?
- Check to see if others need help.
- Do not talk to anyone about the accident other than emergency personnel.
- Never accept blame or fault for the accident. You may be unaware of all factors that contributed to the accident (did a tire blowout, was the driver of the other car texting etc…).
While waiting for help to arrive take note of important information:
- If possible, take pictures of the scene, the cars involved, obstructions, skid marks.
- Collect name, address, driver’s license number, date of birth and insurance information from all other involved drivers.
- Write down the name, address, phone and email from all passengers and witnesses at the scene.
Once help has arrived:
- Confirm the officer writes an official accident report and ask how to get a copy.
- Ask for the officer’s name, badge number and contact information.
- If you are treated at the scene, get the EMT’s and/or the hospital’s contact information.
- If your car is towed, get the towing company’s contact information.
After the accident:
- Seek medical treatment. The shock of a collision my hide injuries, aches and pain for hours, days and even weeks.
- Call your insurance company and get a claim number. The claim number notifies your auto insurance you were injured in an accident.The claim number helps your lawyer to communicate with your car insurance and will facilitate your auto repairs in the event the person who caused the accident was not insured.
- Make an appointment with Dr. Andrew Hope and the medical staff at Hope Health & Wellness, your accident and injury wellness center in West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens within 14 days. That’s the law… Click here to learn more about the 14 day law.
- Chiropractic treatment and medical treatment are critical for your recovery. Our doctors take their time with their patients to give them the highest quality of care.
- At Hope Health & Wellness, all your injuries will be properly documented and your insurance company will be kept up to date as to your progress.
- It is very important to follow the doctor’s treatment plan in order to achieve optimal health and recovery. Each patient is different and the medical care is specific for each patient.
We will work closely with your attorney should you feel it necessary to obtain one. If you are not sure if you need one or not, we can recommend some of the best reputable attorneys in the Palm Beach County area that will gladly give you a free consultation and discuss your rights with you.
At Hope Health & Wellness, you will be treated with respect and most of all, you will receive the best Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, and Medical care in the area. The benefit of getting your treatment at Hope Health & Wellness for your trauma injuries is that there is only one office you ever have to go to for all your Chiropractic, Medical, and Physical Therapy needs.
Car Accident Injuries
Whiplash is a general term connected to neck injuries brought about by a sudden or rough impact to the head or neck causing a whip-like movement. Whiplash generally occurs in individuals included in vehicle mishaps, it can also happen from sports or work-related injuries and falls. Headaches and sleeping disturbances and general discomfort may arise from this condition.
Neck Pain is common in people who have been in a car accident. The ligaments and tendons that restrict the movement are torn or stretched due to the impact. If you failed to notice these injuries immediately, other injuries can result. These include damage on the disc found on the vertebrae, inflammation of the nerves on the vertebrae and others. It is essential to have your body examined by a well experienced Chiropractor in the event that you are in any sort of accident. Even in the event of smaller accidents, injuries may persist.
What Types of Treatments Are Available for Car Accident Injuries?
A chiropractor can treat back and neck injuries from car accidents in different ways. One of the most common forms of treatment is spinal adjustment. This involves adjusting the spine in order to correct any misalignment’s that are causing pain and other health issues. When the spine is in alignment, it receives the nutrients it needs to naturally heal itself. These adjustments also help restore normal range of motion and ease inflammation. Spinal adjustments are sometimes combined with other types of treatments to provide more effective healing. These other treatments include massage therapy, trigger point therapy and electro-stimulation, which also promote healing. Some patients might also benefit from doing stretching and exercises that build strength and improve flexibility.
What Are the Laws on Medical Care After a Car Accident?
Under Florida’s new personal injury protection law, which went into effect on January 1, 2014, victims who are injured in a car accident have up to 14 days to seek medical care and receive benefits. After this time period is up, victims will not be entitled to receive benefits under personal injury protection coverage. This law also allows victims to receive up to $10,000 in benefits if a healthcare provider determines that their injuries are an emergency. For injuries that are considered a non-emergency, victims can receive up to $2,500 in benefits.
What Are Common Symptoms Related To a Car Accident?
- Lower back pain
- Neck [ain
- Are pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
- Leg pain
- Head pain
- Knee pain
- Slipped disc
- Disc protrusion
- Pinched nerves
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Should I See An Attorney Before I See My West Palm Beach Chiropractor?
A: It is best to get examined by a Hope Health and Wellness doctor first. Our physicians specialize in treating personal injuries suffered in car accidents. Your exam findings will give you the information you need to decide if an attorney is necessary and which one may be right for you. If necessary, we can refer you to a reputable and qualified Palm Beach County Personal Injury Attorney.
- Q: If I Need Treatment For My Injuries, Who’s Going To Pay For It?
A: No fault personal injury protection laws in the State of Florida provide that any individuals injured in a car accident have the right to medical and chiropractic care paid for by their insurance provider at no fault to them. Seeking treatment for your injuries WILL NOT cause your car insurance premiums to go up.
- Q: The Insurance Company Has Been Calling Me And Wants To Settle, What Should I Do?
A: Do not sign or settle until you have had our West Palm Beach chiropractors evaluate your injury for you. Your accident may have caused injuries that are more serious than you realize and will become worse in time without sufficient care. If you settle your claim with the insurance company before your injury has been evaluated and/or treated, you will be responsible for paying your medical bills on your own. If uncertain of what to do, we can refer you to a qualified, reputable personal injury attorney in palm beach county, fl who can advise you on the details of your case. Personal injury attorneys will work on a contingency fee for auto accident injury victims so there is no out-of-pocket expense for the client.
- Q: I’ve Been To The Hospital And My Medical Doctor, Do I Really Need to see my West Palm Beach Chiropractor?
A: You need to see a doctor who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of auto accident injuries. ER physicians are trained to rule out life-threatening conditions. They do not treat the underlying soft-tissue damage and musculo-skeletal imbalances that cause chronic pain after auto accidents. Our West Palm Beach chiropractors are specifically trained to detect and treat these car accident injuries including: back pain caused by muscle spasm, disc bulge, disc herniation, sciatica, neck pain from whiplash, sprains, strains and headaches.
- Q: Who’s Going To Process All The Paperwork?
A: Our staff will handle all the documentation and billing for you, so you can focus on your treatment, therapy and recovery.
Contact Us for Chiropractic Care
If you need chiropractic care after an auto accident injury, please contact our West Palm Beach or Palm Beach Gardens office. We treat patients from all surrounding areas of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Wellington.