Dr. Andrew Hope
When Dr. Hope was attending college, he also worked part-time at a health club as a personal trainer and met a couple of chiropractors that introduced him to the profession. Even though he was not in pain, he decided to get an evaluation at their encouragement. He was evaluated and found to have some imbalances and received his very first adjustment. Dr. Hope, in his younger days, was a very devoted weightlifter and bodybuilder and noticed that after the first couple of adjustments, he started feeling stronger and was able to lift substantially more weight. Dr. Hope thought, “if this could benefit a healthy person, how could it benefit someone who was actually in pain?” And that is when Dr. Hope decided to become a chiropractor. Dr. Hope’s vision was to have a facility where chiropractors, medical doctors, and physical therapists all worked together for the overall benefit of the patient. Hope Health and Wellness was established in 1992 and shortly after implemented the first multidisciplinary medical facility in Palm Beach County. Hope Health & Wellness now occupies nearly 5,000 square feet of medical space in the West Palm Beach location. There are three locations serving patients in three counties, Palm Beach County, Martin County, and St Lucie County.
Dr. Hope and his bride Michelle and have five children and three dogs. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and working out. His plans for Hope Health and Wellness is to add a psychology department to the practice to help people suffering from PTSD, depression, and anxiety, which affects nearly 1 out of 10 people in the United States.
The Birth of Hope Health and Wellness
Dr. Andrew Hope has been providing Chiropractic care to the Palm Beach County area since 1987. He graduated from Life Chiropractic College in Marietta, Georgia, in 1986 and received his license to begin practicing in 1987. He started his career working alongside other Chiropractors until he branched out and started his practice in West Palm Beach in 1989.
Dr. Hope’s first practice was called Hope Chiropractic and occupied a space that was only 1,300 square feet. Despite his business running smoothly, Dr. Hope had bigger plans than just running a Chiropractic Facility. Since he was a Chiropractic student, Dr. Hope had dreamed of running a one-stop-shop medical facility where patients can get all their medical needs in one location. Dr. Hope eventually decided to pursue his dream and moved to a 2,200 square foot space. He hired a Physical Therapist, Massage Therapist, and Medical Doctor, and launched what is now known as Hope Health & Wellness.
Launching Hope Health & Wellness opened doors for Dr. Hope. In 1995, Dr. Hope and his Medical Doctor worked closely with the Palm Beach County Fire Department and their wellness director to help launch the Palm Beach County Fire Department’s Wellness Program. Not only did Hope Health & Wellness perform the departments’ annual physicals, but they also began working very closely with orthopedic physicians and neurosurgeons doing pre- and post-surgical physical therapy for patients.
In addition to Physical Therapy referrals, Dr. Hope started to receive many referrals for Chiropractic care from other area medical doctors and surgeons. These doctors realized the benefits of combining chiropractic with physical therapy and massage and realized that he was “doing something right” in regard to treating patients with chronic pain.
Dr. Hope recently developed a spinal decompression technique called “Dynamic Spinal Decompression.” This technique works closely with patients that are surgical candidates but are scared or apprehensive about having the procedure. The treatment is very effective and has helped hundreds of patients to avoid spinal surgery. The treatment protocol is only 25 sessions over eight weeks.
After many years of conservatively treating patients with chronic neck and back pain, Dr. Hope realized his ultimate goal was to prevent the need for surgery in his patients. He began to brainstorm on other treatments that would benefit patients with chronic pain. Dr. Hope expanded his West Palm Beach location to 4,500 square feet and implemented a Board-Certified Pain Management Physician to help those patients that were responding less favorably than others to conservative Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Chiropractic treatment. He included a Pain Management Physician because they do more than prescribe pain medication to mask the pain. These physicians are certified to administer epidural steroid injections, facet blocks, and other procedures to provide immediate pain relief with long-lasting results. Pain Management treatment is the last resort before surgery is recommended. Out of the thousands of patients that are seen annually at Hope Health & Wellness, only about ten are referred for surgery.
Hope Health & Wellness’ West Palm location grew more successful, so Dr. Hope decided to open a second location in Palm Beach Gardens in 2004. Dr. Hope, along with his wife and five children, live in the Palm Beach Gardens area and wanted to open an office close to home. The Gardens office also includes Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, and Massage Therapy,
Keeping the overall wellness of each patient in mind, Dr. Hope decided to implement a weight loss program in both locations known as Ideal Protein. Each office has its own Ideal Protein Weight Loss Coach to ensure you are following the program precisely and receive the best results possible. Dr. Hope also decided to implement the only FDA approved treatment for urinary incontinence (weak bladder). This treatment was developed in Germany nearly 15 years ago and was recently introduced to the USA. It is the only technology of its kind proven to improve and even reverse symptoms of urinary incontinence significantly.
ANDREW P. HOPE D.C., C.C.S.P.
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
655 N. Military Tr * West Palm Beach, FL. 33415 * 561.686.0120 4290 Professional Cntr Dr. * P. B. Grdns, FL. 33410 * 561-721-9696
- A.S. Biology, Palm Beach Junior College, Lake Worth, FL. 1983
- B.S. Nutrition Sciences, Life Chiropractic College, Marietta, GA 1986
- International College of Applied Kinesiology, Marietta, GA. 1984-1986
- Internship – Life Chiropractic College; Public Clinics, Atlanta, GA
- Externship – Century Chiropractic Center (1986 – 1987)
- Doctor of Chiropractic; Life Chiropractic College, Marietta, GA. 1986
Highly trained in biomechanical analysis, orthopedic and neurological assessment, sports injuries, trauma related injuries, anatomy, physiology, x-ray analysis and interpretation, nutrition and a broad range of physical therapeutic techniques.
- American Back Society, F.A.B.S., 1993License:
- Florida #CH5577
Post Graduate Education:
- National-Lincoln College, (1988-1989) – Chiropractic Orthopedics Program
- Erhardt Post Graduate X-ray – 150 hours of post graduate x-ray interpretation and diagnosis
- International College of Applied Kinesiology (200 hours post grad in Kinesiology, Neuromuscular Balancing, Musculoskeletal Balancing)
- Impairment Rating and the Law
Stanley Kaplan D.C., (FCA) 1988-1995
- Whiplash and Spinal Trauma
Dan Murphy D.C.1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
- Whiplash: The Masters Program
Arthur C. Croft, D.C., M.S., D.A.C.B.O., The Spine Research Institute
of San Diego, 1992-1993
- Physicians Academy – Certificate of Achievement:
Post Graduate Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Disease
MRI / CT / EMG / Video-fluoroscopy
- Logan College of Chiropractic (1992-1993)
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
- Life Chiropractic College (1993-1994) Chiropractic Pediatrics
- American Back Society (Fellowship – Aug. 1993)
- Active Release Technique – ART – Soft Tissue Management Certification
- Chiropractic Bio-Physics (CBP)
- Biomechanical Analysis – Life Chiropractic College
- Extremity Adjusting – Life Chiropractic College
- Functional Nutrition – Life Chiropractic College
- Sports Nutrition – Life Chiropractic College
- Sacro-Occipital Technique – Life Chiropractic College
- Sports Injury – National College
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia – October 2007
Certified through the American Academy of Manual and Physical Therapy
- Medical Director of Hope Health & Wellness located in Palm Beach County with three (3) clinics specializing in Neuromuscular-skeletal conditions
(1987 – Present)
- Olympia Health Club – Team Physician evaluating all sports related injuries
(1987 – 1995)
- Scandinavian Health Club – Club Phys. evaluating all sports related injuries
(1995 – 2003)
- Team Physician to the CBA Florida Beachdogs
(1996 – 1997)
- Medical coordinator for Palm Beach County Sports Commission
(1998 – 2002)
- Team Physician to Palm Beach Lakes High School Athletic Program
(2005 – 2007)
- Team Physician to Suncoast High School Athletic Program
(2003 – Present)
- Team Physician to J.I. Leonard High School Athletic Program
(2005 – Present)
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) Logan Chiropractic College 1993, 100 hours
- 250 post-graduate hours in Applied Kinesiology
International College of Applied Kinesiology, 1984 – 1986
- 150 post-graduate hours in X-ray interpretation and diagnosis
- Certified in SOT – Sacro-Occipital Technique, 1985
- Certified in Workers Compensation August 20, 1995
- Certified Cox Flexion Distraction – National College of Chiropractic 1998
Decompression Treatment for Lumbar Disc related injuries.
- Certified Applied Kinesiology – 1986 – 1987
Evaluate and treat neuromuscular related injuries.
Certified Manipulation under Anesthesia – American Academy of Manual and
Physical Medicine – October 2007
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- International Chiropractic Association (ICA)
- Florida Chiropractic Association (FCA)
- Palm Beach County Chiropractic Association
- Sacro-Occipital Research Society International
- International College of Applied Kinesiology
- Parker Chiropractic Education & Research Foundation
- American Chiropractic Association Sports Council
- Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research
- Council on Neurology (ACA)
- Council on Diagnostic Imaging (ACA)
- Council on Chiropractic Pediatrics (ICA)
- American Back Society – August 1993
- American Academy of Pain Management 1993
- American Academy of Manual and Physical Medicine – October 2007
- Medical writer for Florida Tennis magazine
- Medical writer for the Palm Beach County Sports magazine
- Medical writer and advisor for Info-Times
Honors and Awards:
- Dean’s List, Life Chiropractic College 1984 – 1986
- National Dean’s List 1984 – 1986
- Certificate of Proficiency in Radiology
- Junior X-ray Intern, Life College, 1984 – 1985
- Senior X-ray Intern, Life College, 1985 – 1986
- Senior Clinic Intern, Life College, 1984 – 1986
- Clinical Excellence award – Life College 1984 – 1986