Mid Back Pain
The fast-paced lifestyles of today have taken their toll on the backs of America. Currently, back pain is the number one cause of disability in those aged 19-45 and is the second leading cause of missed work days. Total annual costs for back pain in the US alone are estimated to be in excess of $60 billion.
A number of factors contributing to these statistics, including:
- overall increases in work demands
- overall decreases in physical activity
- increases in prolonged sitting (at the desk, in the car, in front of the television)
- lack of periodic spinal checkups and preventative care
- failure to seek immediate care following injury
- failure to receive adequate treatment for back injuries (i.e. medications only without proper rehabilitation of tissues)
- poor postural habits and lifting techniques
Our treatments primarily focus on the cause of your problems, which not only results in rapid and effective pain-relief, but most importantly, minimizes the chance of future back problems.
To learn more about mid back anatomy, causes of mid back pain, treatments for mid back pain and related articles, choose from the menu links.
Related Blog Posts
If your back is always in pain, you may need to make some lifestyle changes in order to get rid of back pain. Here are a few simple lifestyle changes that may help you fight back against the pain in your back. #1 Adjust How Your Sleep The way that you are sleeping may...read more
If you play golf, and frequently experience lower back pain when you are done with your game of golf, here are three things that you can do to protect your lower back and reduce the occurrences of pain from playing golf. #1 Use An Integrated Golf Bag Carrying your bag...read more
After a car accident, you have a few choices of care providers to see. A chiropractor is a popular choice, and while it's a great fit for many people, it's not for everyone. Here are some things you should know about seeing a chiropractor after a car accident: See a...read more