Mid Back Pain
The fast-paced lifestyles of today have taken their toll on the backs of America. Currently, back pain is the number one cause of disability in those aged 19-45 and is the second leading cause of missed work days. Total annual costs for back pain in the US alone are estimated to be in excess of $60 billion.
A number of factors contributing to these statistics, including:
- overall increases in work demands
- overall decreases in physical activity
- increases in prolonged sitting (at the desk, in the car, in front of the television)
- lack of periodic spinal checkups and preventative care
- failure to seek immediate care following injury
- failure to receive adequate treatment for back injuries (i.e. medications only without proper rehabilitation of tissues)
- poor postural habits and lifting techniques
Our treatments primarily focus on the cause of your problems, which not only results in rapid and effective pain-relief, but most importantly, minimizes the chance of future back problems.
To learn more about mid back anatomy, causes of mid back pain, treatments for mid back pain and related articles, choose from the menu links.
Related Blog Posts
If you have an accident at work, an experienced chiropractor can help you recover from your injury. These are the most common workplace injuries that occur. Your West Palm Beach chiropractor can help you recover from each one. Types of Workplace Injuries Falls are the...read more
Americans are suffering from an epidemic of poor posture, which can create long-term health problems. The good news is that when you take steps to improve your posture, your back pain could lessen and your overall health can improve. Here are 3 tips to improve your...read more
It's possible to develop a muscle imbalance in your body for many different reasons, but the common result will be that this condition will leave you in physical pain. A minor muscle imbalance might be difficult for you to notice, especially if you have yet to...read more