Mid Back Pain
The fast-paced lifestyles of today have taken their toll on the backs of America. Currently, back pain is the number one cause of disability in those aged 19-45 and is the second leading cause of missed work days. Total annual costs for back pain in the US alone are estimated to be in excess of $60 billion.
A number of factors contributing to these statistics, including:
- overall increases in work demands
- overall decreases in physical activity
- increases in prolonged sitting (at the desk, in the car, in front of the television)
- lack of periodic spinal checkups and preventative care
- failure to seek immediate care following injury
- failure to receive adequate treatment for back injuries (i.e. medications only without proper rehabilitation of tissues)
- poor postural habits and lifting techniques
Our treatments primarily focus on the cause of your problems, which not only results in rapid and effective pain-relief, but most importantly, minimizes the chance of future back problems.
To learn more about mid back anatomy, causes of mid back pain, treatments for mid back pain and related articles, choose from the menu links.
Related Blog Posts
Recognize and reduce distractions. More than 90% of accidents are caused by some form of driver distraction. Accidents often happen at the instant someone stops paying attention. Checking your appearance in the rear-view mirror, reaching to answer your phone, trying...read more
If you were recently in a car accident, and experienced whiplash, you need to make sure that you get it treated by medical professionals. Your chiropractor and your primary care doctor can work together to help heal the cervical strain that your body was put through...read more
Receiving a whiplash injury, which is common if you've been in a car accident, can leave you with a wide range of types of pain, including muscle pain, nerve pain, and headaches. If you're anxious to address the root cause of the injury, rather than just treat the...read more